Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Have been looking at this site today and found it very helpful / supportive so thought would register and join in.
I'm 31 and DH 33.  After being on the pill for 10 years, we started actively ttc 2 years ago.  After 18 months of much BMS with no joy we had initial sperm tests - all normal apparently, and I had blood / hormone tests - all normal too apparently.  We were therefore referred to a Consultant by my GP.  We chose to go to his private clinic (the initial appointment on the NHS was going to be around 5 months wait - is this common??) Since then he has been really positive and helpful, scanning me through a cycle to try and find the problem.  Apparently uterus lining wasn't thick enough for implantation and so clomid was prescribed.  Took this for 1st time this month and really hopeful at scans (day 9 & 13) as Consultant told us it was working really well and everything was looking good even on low dose (25mg).
Yesterday devastated as AF arrived, also 2 days before I was expecting it (my cycles are regular as clockwork at 26 days) Now worried as I thought clomid lengthened cycles whereas mine seems to be too short now. 
My best friend had her 1st baby 3 weeks ago and my sister-in-law is due to have her 1st in the next 2 weeks...I'm getting sick of waiting for my turn and just hearing about babies all the time!!!
Will check out clomid thread to see whether any help there with my short cycle...
Anyone got any positive thoughts to help??

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Princess P :)

Afraid I don't have any medical advice but just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world with your coming treatment.

I know what you mean about everone else falling pregnant. My brother has just announced they are expecting for the 3rd time, obviously I am thrilled to bits for them but why isn't it me?!

Anyway, I have no doubt you will meet some fab people here who will be able to help you along and give you loads of advice.

Best wishes and keep smiling   ^afro^

Kate x

^daisy^

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jane,

That's the beauty of this site to at least know that others are in the same position - lessens the frustration slightly to be able to let off steam to someone who understands!

PrincessP

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kate,

Sorry - don't know why I called you Jane - think I was reading another message and got confused!!

Thanks for your thoughts and I will keep smiling

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hello Princess P  ^wave^
Just wanted to give you a warm welcome to FF, you will find the strength you need to be positive here, and well...when your low you can rant about it here too, we all have our up's and downs and it is hard to cope with others being pregnant, we all understand
Good luck and best wishes
Dydie

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi

I'm a newbie too and also on clomid but I haven't had my first period since starting yet, although I think it's on the way.

I know exactly what you mean about other peoples babies.  My partner's sister is due in 2 weeks also - and although it will be great to have a baby  to cuddle, I'm just waiting for the "and you'll be next" comments from his family.....

At least it's good to know that others feel the same.  Good luck.

Luci  ^daisy^

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Welcome Princess to FF !!!

Just wanted to wish you luck on your journey ....

Belinda x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.