Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-\ basically i started last AF on 3rd Jan, and it finished on 26th Jan, we bd'd thurs 27th and tues 1st feb. My AFs are all over place anyway, so thats really not alot to go by.For the last week and half i have had the most horrendous sore boobs, which usually means AF or pg, no AF yet and would think pg was too early as boobs have been sore since just after bd.i have also had nausea but would put this down to starting metformin last wed. any thoughts as to whats going on?

thanks

wendy

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Not a nurse but I know metformin is notorious for upsetting stomachs.
I definitely got sore boobs only about a week or 10 days after we conceived (via IVF) though.
If you had got preg on the 26th it would be ok to take a test in the next feew days. Try a First response Early as they are among the most sensitive and put yourself out of your misery hun!!

Good luck!

Elvie
p.s. I think metformin is fab for PCOS - didn't help me conceive as I had other issues but it meant my symptoms went away and my weight came down!

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, im sure im not pg, but hey u never know.
on top of everything else ive now woke with a horrendous migraine for last 2 mornings - couldnt go to work today. i suffer from them anyway but take beta blockers to stop them, havent had any in ages. guess this may also be the effct of metformin?? will they wear off?? ^eyes^

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^feedback^

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^hello^

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
It may well be that the metformin is affecting the action of the beta blockers but it may just be a settling in period you are going through which is giving you all these symptoms. Do check with the doc who prescribed metformin for complete confirmation and to check whether you need to consider a change of medication for you migraines if the beta blockers continue to not work.

Ruth

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, have been taking them for nearly a week now so will give it few more days to see what happens

1 - 7 of 7 Posts