Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Just seeing who is using which one of these and which they think are better?! ???

Am looking to buy some as am tired of scoffing 1000 big pills a day and rattling when shaken! ;D So am confused which ones to get out of these as dont really have money to burn!

Cheers
S
xx

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi shelley 121

My friend bought me the marian glenville book outlining natural solutions to infertility etc, I was hooked the book is brilliant and explains things in detail very simply.............. On her suggestion I bought the fertility pills for myself and dh as we are suffering from male infertiity............... my husbands sperm count was 1 mill this time last year, and since discovering these pills and taking them from last november, my husbands count has now gone up to over 20mill with every count it has risen, and i truly believe it is down to these tablets...........

I would try them and seehow you get on, cant really comment on zita west as have had no dealings with this

good luck

love michelle xx

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Shelley

I have the Glenville book and I totally agree with what she says about vitamin c, this increased my husbands sperm count by double. Sorry haven't read Zita West.

Love Hollie

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi Shelly

its interesting that you have posted this thread, as I was looking to do the same.

I also rattle due to taking so many vits and mins each day, and i feel sik having to take so many.

I have read zita west's book and read it as the bible to infertility. I haven't read marylln glenvilles book, as it seemed just like the rest ( maybe i'm wrong though)

Can you let me know what other replies you get?

thnx

Sonia

·
Registered
34 Posts
I fogot to say Shelly, that my dh is fine with his sperm count etc etc, i'm also fine so just looking to take the its as a daily supplement.

thnx

Sonia

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi evryone,
Being the crazy person that I am..I've got both books!
I've skimmed read both of them and they have lots of similar stuff in them. Zita likes to look at alternative stuff like acupunture etc more. But they both mention the vitamins.
I've looked at the websites and MG's vitamins have more stuff (am I being too techincal?:)) in them than Zita's ones but they are also more expensive. Guess you get what you pay for!
Wasnt sure what/which ones to buy so wanted to see what the general view was in cyber world.....

(been chilling out today so my sense of humour is on top form....)

Shelley
xxx

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi,

My DH has been trying Zita West vitamins for about a month. Our next test is in about a month so will let you know whether result has improved.

To be honest we didn't get much detail from our first test apart from count v. low & general statement that the outlook was bleak and cannot be improved! However, will try vitamins etc as despite what DRs say everyone here seems to have had success with them. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to ask at our next appointment? There is loads of great stuff on this board but as we will only get about 10 minutes with the consultant what do we really need to know in order to decide whether we can continue trying naturally or whether we need to go to iSCi?

Thnx
Lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
hi everyone, i compared the zita west supplements with mg and i think the zita west ones are cheaper but with same contects, at zita clinic there is an incredible dr called sheryl homa who is a science dr not medical and an expert in spem, my husband has a reversal and we wanted to know how it went, the standrard sperm test came back fine, but i wasn't getting pregnant so dr sheryle ran the tests and came back with the fact that my husband now had 90% anti bodies present which stick on the tails of sperm and stop the sperm swimming upwards, antiboides can come from infection, injury, surgery, anyway i stongly recommend that if you know there is a problem with sperm then do to someone who really knows about it for a test, dr homa was also really good at explaining all the results.

I really belive supplements/acupunture can make a difference, a friend had 4 rounds ivf and nothin, she them had acupunture, supplements, both her and her husband cut our all alchol and caffine and on the 5 th go (and she is 42) she got pregnant.

good luck. plus a dr we went to see said his sperm count was really low like 4 million and he had had 4 children, it only takes one!

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
I have Marilyn glenvilles book, but didnt find it all that helpful. I havent got zita west's book, but would like to read it.
I have to say, we tried marilyns glenvilles idea of vit c for DH, his count went from 0.1 mill to a whopping 3.1 mill, (ok, not that big, but is massive to us!) so I'm very impressed, and a big vit c convert.

Marie xx

·
Registered
913 Posts
We used Marylin Glenville's supplements plus vit C and flax oil supplements for 6 months before our treatment started.....we just got a BFP following ICSI. It is expensive but, as we are lucky enough to have this cycle courtesy of the NHS we thought that we would do everything we could to make it a success.

In addition to the these supplements we switched to organic where we could afford too - especially fruit & veg and DP also took 180mg of Pycogenocol (not spelt right!) each day. These were the most expensive of the lot!

How much this has contributed to our BFP we dont know but DP's sample was "very good" according to the clinic and 7 out of the 8 eggs fertilised at grade 2 8 cells and above. Both of us have been really well through out the winter and DP's hayfever has not been as bad as usual...........it makes you wonder!

I also did reflexology.............mainly to destress!

Hope this helps!

LindaJane

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
hiya

not never heard of either until this last tx

i have the zita west book and followed her advice like a bible and it worked for me including the bit where she said if AF feels like it coming take zinc and seleium so i did !!

i have BFP !!

Mini xx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Any more thoughts on these?

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Laine

Ive taken both. I personally would go for MG. Thats just my personal preferance.  ;D

Love Lou xxxx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Lou

Do you still take these?

Laine x

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well by some coincidence (maybe fate) When we found out last week about DH's probs I went to library and got out two books on infertility. One had a very good list of Vits and supplements in so we went to Health food shop this morning and the guy there kitted us out with everything we need.

I've just come on here and read this thread and realised that one of the books I got was the Marilyn Glenville one !!

It means we didn't buy her stuff specific but Guy in health food shop sorted us out with Multi vits and Omegas that had everything she suggested in.
I must go and compare prices !!

I'tll be interseting to see if it works !!

(Just checked prices and We got our lot cheaper but there isn't much diff in price excepting P&P for MG stuff)

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Hiya!

I've recently bought my Dh the MG ones from her website. He's been taking lots of vits for about 2 months, but only for the last 4 weeks the MG ones. Obviously most professionals advise that the vitamins need to be taken for 3 months before they have a noticeable effect, but I have to say,I can really see that he looks healthier already. Skin and eyes just look clearer and he looks really well.

We are getting the results of our most recent SA on Wednesday, and although I'm not expecting miracles, it would be nice to see a small improvement.

Just to echo what others have said, we plumped for the MG ones because they seemed to have slightly higher levels of some of the vitamins. I also liked her book, and thought her opinions made sense.

As expensive as they are, in the scheme of things, it seems worthwhile. If you bought all the supplements individually it would add up to nearly as much - and would be a right pain!

I would recommend her book to anyone - some of it is a bit strict, but you can pick and choose what bits you want to follow.

Good luck everyone,

Sending loadsa  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dear Mini, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! as a matter of interest how much zinc and selenium does zita say you should take (and this is just during the 2ww right?) thanks chablis

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi

My Dh has very lolw sperm count of 0.01 million DH has been taking chinese medicine which has increased it only slightly. Thinking of trying Marilyn Glenvilles. Could someone please let me know the name of her book you have all been reading and what tablets it is you buy from her website. Thanks so much

Lisa xx

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
hi,

have been very interested to read all your experiences with vits and so on.  Since poor result for DH in Aug 04 (count 2mil, poor morph and motility) I got him to take zinc and he did another SA in Nov 04. I haven't had any results as such for that but consultant made a throwaway comment that SA not as good so somewhat concerned.  Since being told ICSI is only option have got DH to give up alcohol almost entriely, me too. And he's taking zinc, selenium, vit e and co-enzyme Q10. Does this seen like a good combination and should I try to get him on Vit C too?

He's objecting to so many tablets and I thought once the indiv tablets are used up I would go for a multi-vit as this may be easier.

Thanks for your help,

Love Sal

1 - 20 of 25 Posts