Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
2261 - 2280 of 2324 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
If you can just take photos of the results like scan results and forward them on like that, you can always resend them via scanning etc at a later date, at least it will give them something to look over in the meantime.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Stacey,

I actually sussed it today, I opened the attached questionnaire on my computer instead of on my phone and managed to fill it in that way so I will just email that onto them once I’ve completed it.  Good idea about taking picture of results too.  As you say, may as well get them sent across so they can have a look.

Thanks x

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi,

I hope everyone is ok.

I have had an email back from Zlin and they are recommending the Karyotype test for my partner, my partners sperm analysis is good, is this something which Zlin always recommend when using own sperm? If issues come back what would they do to overcome it?

They are also recommending Prolactin, Thrombophilia Mutation tests for myself.

Thanks x

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Gumdrops from my limited understanding on the sperm issue, from what I’ve seen, there are people cycling who have “normal sperm“ or within what is considered normal sperm parameters and they then do the Karyotype test and some issues are found, not everyone of course but it’s a good idea if you want to cross everything off, especially as your last donor cycle was so poor. Not sure what can be done, maybe picsi or MACS, but I think it show more of a genetic problem, although as I said my knowledge is limited in that area, hopefully one of the other ladies will pop on who have more experience with this.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thank you Stacey.

I thought it would be the sperm DNA test which they would advise too but they never mentioned that.  I think I will ask if we can get that done too when we go over for a consultation, that’s what my previous clinic recommended at follow up.

X

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Hi ladies,

Just checking to see if everyone is ok??

Well Hugo is nearly 3, OMG where does time go?? The girls are crawling and turning into little madams! They are nearly 9 months old now. Only seems like two minutes ago they were born! Eliza has turned blonde and needs a pineapple on her head as her hair is so long 😂😂😂 Zara thinks it’s amazing and loves to pull it 🙄 she hasn’t got as much hair so it’s a novelty for her. They both love exploring EVERYTHING and love chasing Hugo.
They really do find him so funny 😂

I’ve got a really bad back from all the lifting etc so started taking some strong pain killers every other day just to take the edge off. Constantly picking up etc takes its toll. I thought it was easy but not so much now when they are 15lbs+ each!!!

We have booked some holidays to cheer ourselves up! Going to Budapest and Vienna for Christmas and then a holiday park and then Cape Verde and hoping to go somewhere next Christmas too. Just things that we haven’t been able to do and now just want to get exploring etc

Updates please and hope you are all safe and well xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Jk and everyone
Hope you are all doing well in this bizarre time in the world. Hopefully we are starting to come out the other side 🤞

Jk so good to hear the girlies and Hugo are doing so well. I can imagine all that lifting x 2 and Hugo is hard work. And sounds lovely having a nice break to look forward to 🤩

We are good here, life feels little less hectic now we have more of a routine , in the early weeks it was all a blur and intense! 
Zara is doing well and is 3 months tomorrow , where does all the time go. No longer a newborn 😪 but is starting to show her personality and she is hilarious. 
Unfortunately she still hasn't met my family as they are back home in glasgow but are all booked to go there on the 10th July when we are allowed and have booked a nice holiday cottage so can make a proper holiday of it. In some ways having just my partner and I deal with her for her first months has been special but really want her to meet her family now. She has met my other half parents as they are only an hour away but no one has held her. Hoping she wont be strange with people once she is meeting everyone. Defo a strange time to bring a new baby into the world, shes still not even had her birth registered!!
In other good news one of the ladies who works with my mum back home went to Zlin for IVF treatment few weeks ago, on my recommendation, and she has tested pregnant which is lovely news. I'm going to ask Anna if I can get a recommend a friend discount If we ever go back! Lol 😂

Love to you all xx

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Hi Triona

Hope everyone’s ok xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hello everyone.Not sure if im on the right page,I havent posted anything in a while,by a while I mean 4yrs!Figuring out how to post properly from my phone looks a bit different.
Is anyone cycling in Zlin at the moment or in Oct?Thanks! Im supposed to be doing one I feel so anxious,maybe given my history in Zlin and the pandemic or what i dont know but Im super anxious and its not like i havent done all this before many.many times before but I.thought i was done with Zlin but here.i am again...im on day 5 of oestrogen.FET booked for 4Oct.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Good luck triona ! I know someone who is due to go end of this month. 🙂

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey everyone! It's been over a year since I last posted. Glad to still see some familiar names.

Sorry to hear about your issues Stacey ^hugme^. Best of luck with your FET coming up Triona ^reiki^!

Our daughter's doing great, coming up on 15 months soon. We weren't planning on a second, but limited interactions with other kids because of the pandemic have us worrying that not having a sibling could be a real downside in the long run (depending how this whole thing progresses).

So, we're considering another DE cycle at Zlin. Our last donor has moved on (not too surprising), who we'd hoped to use again. The main issue we're facing is how to undertake the whole thing with a baby and a pandemic going on. We contacted Anna who said they were fully operational, though this forum seems to have been pretty quiet recently, perhaps they were closed for a while which caused a pause?

A quick check shows Czechia doesn't require quarantine on arrival, though we'd have to quarantine in Canada upon arriving home for 14 days, which seems like it could interfere with follow-up ultrasounds/etc. Has anyone had to navigate that yet?

All the best!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Hey,
yes the clinic was closed for a while but has been back up and running for a good couple of months, maybe June/July.
I think it’s pretty quiet here due to not many people travelling, I know we can’t travel here yet as our government STILL has our borders closed, they’re loopy, absolutely nuts, keep on going for an erdatication strategy even though they keep saying they’re not. Out of 25 million people we have 1500 active cases sigh, anyway you should be fine when you get back, scans only required if a positive result obviously so that’s usually around 4-5 weeks after you would get home, blood test is about two weeks after transfer, but you could always do the hot and then blood a few days later.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello ladies, Hope you are all doing well during this unprecedent time.

Sunburn—congratulations! I am so glad that it worked out for you.

JK—thank you for the update. I always enjoy reading about the twins and Hugo.

Triona T---Good luck with the coming cycle.

Serendipity2—The clinic was closed for few months. I had to cancel my cycle three days before I was about to fly to Czech for the FET back in March. Good luck with the new DE cycle.

Stacey— Hope you are all healed from the surgery. Do you still plan to do the transfer? It seems that your whole country is sealed. When do you think that you will be allowed to travel?

I went back to Zlin at the end of August to transfer the remaining PGS testing normal embryo that was from the second donor cycle. It failed again. It's very frustrating... and on top of it, I'm going to be 49 in 10 months. I want to stay with Zlin because they know my history but I feel like that I need to explore other options. I have contacted Reprofit. At their clinic, if the embryos are created before I turn 49, I can continue transfer them until I turn 50. So I am thinking about switching.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Hi flower, sorry your last transfer didn’t work, if definitely go with reprofit if it’s going to give you more time.
I had my tubes out, turns out they were perfectly fine, and I was misdiagnosed, I have a very large adnexal vein that runs across my uterus and the dr obviously mistook that for my tube, apparently that can happen. Finally had a consultation with a professor and he agrees with me that I have a cesarean scar defect and that’s whats causing  The fluid, which is actually blood from my period, and most likely the start of cervical stenosis as well, so I will probably have to have my scar resectioned  if I want to get To another transfer. No idea when we will be allowed to travel, they’re saying probably not until a vaccine comes out, if that’s the case I won’t be going anywhere as I won’t be having a vaccine.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hello ladies,
Well im in Zlin.Just had my FET.I couldnt decide whether to transfer one or two till the last min.We had 3 embryos here..I transferred one.

Stacey are you doing another transfer?

It has been really tough during Pandemic flying and then getting Covid test one day before coming here  so I can get out of the country as well as isolating for 14days when i get back.I hope it is worth it,fingers crossed!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Stacey---Gee...I'm so sorry about the misdiagnosis. I assume that the scar will affect pregnancy. Right?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Yes it does, it leaves a pocket in which blood collects during your period, that’s why I always have “fluid” in my uterus during lining scans etc, so my transfers are cancelled. The only thing I might be able to get away with is to have it flushed out with saline, then recheck 5 days later to see if the saline has come out, if it has they can do that before a cycle, only problem with that option is that it can cause a higher risk of rupture of your scar or an scar ectopic pregnancy.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Stacey, I would try to take the scar out if possible. Will that be an invasive surgery?  Do you need to pay for it yourself?  Your story has encouraged me and I sure hope that you can get this sorted out and have another beautiful baby.

I am still trying to decide if I should switch to Reprofit. After being assured 3 times that as long as the embryos are created before I turn 49, I can transfer them until I turn 50, the coordinator at Reprofit told me that the rules are stricter now. They can only treat me until I turn 49. I am very disappointed to hear this.

So I have to re-evaluate the situation.  Does anyone know or can tell me if Reprofit is better than Zlin? I have less than 10 months left before I turn 49 so this will be my last chance to do IVF in Czech. We want to do DE with PGS testing again.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Flower if you have any left over embryos from this next cycle whether it be at zlin or reprofit you can have them transferred to Slovakia, the clinic I go to has no age limit so there wouldn’t be any pressure. Just a thought. If both clinics now have the same age limit I would stick with zlin, they have your history and are a bit more proactive with protocols than reprofit, there, if you want anything added/different you have to push for it. So I would stick with zlin, and if any additional embryos are left after you age out, transfer them to Slovakia where you will have extra time.
Yes invasive surgery, hysteroscopy and laparoscoic at the same time, and yes it will all be out of pocket, even though it was probably the surgeon who stitched me up fault as I never had this problem with the twins scar, so he probably rushed it and wasn’t careful enough.

2261 - 2280 of 2324 Posts