Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
2301 - 2320 of 2324 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Hi ladies,

Stacey what a ball ache. I don’t understand why your age is such an issue. Ok you aren’t in the ‘prime time’ as doctors call it but still impregnabateable (that should be an actual word ;) ) you still have periods. Is the saline flush like a HSG? I agree with flower though it seems necessary as in a vicious circle isn’t good is it? Wow looked at your signature!!! I remember when the twins were born!! 5yrs old, seems like only yesterday!

Flower sounds like good changes to me. The spray i found amazing but its low dosage per spray. I think the patches are about 3mg - don’t quote me on it though and the spray is 1.5mg. I only had one spray morning and night in my FETS as anymore was too much but obviously you can do more sprays. It’s called lenzetto, it’s more expensive than the patch if I remember on the price list. We don’t have it in the uk either and I remember bringing back 4 sprays with me for future fets. However I would have had them sent over if I hadn’t. Is there any cancellation list for the dr to be seen before March??

Things with mrjk are testing at the moment. It’s like walking on egg shells with him and he’s had his last warning after the way he spoke to Hugo yesterday. I told him I don’t care if I love him I’ll throw him out for the kids. I also told him I wouldn’t make any excuses and when people ask (as they would) why we have split up I’ll tell them honestly. He’s not finishing during sex, I don’t really want to google that tbh as I know the answer lol I’m still fat but working on loosing weight. 2 stone down, 4 to go. Sorry for the rant. The twins are 14m and Hugo is 3 and a half. He gets their names mixed up, most in the family can do but they look completely different lol Zara’s hair is really curly, so cute and Elizas is just like a mop, so thick. I bought their dresses for Christmas Day and they are like bridesmaid dresses 😂😂😂 ive added glitter inside the skirts and everything 😂😂😂 Hugo is more independent, loves Pre school now. Just walks in and not a look back. I applied for his school place and have my heart set on that school, I love it. Don’t find out till April though 😕 he has to have his before school jabs between the ages of 3 1/2 and 5 so I’ve got him in 4 days after he’s eligible!!! That’s on Friday and will probably be as fun as a kidney infection

Hope everyone is ok xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Ah jk the girls are 6 now, and bub will be 4 in feb 🤦🏼‍♀️ Goes so fast ! No, I’m not having periods anymore, just getting them from thenpill, well I possibly could have the odd one here and there as when I went off the pill and did the hrt cycle I had 2 small follicles growing, so I probably would have had one at some stage but after that cycle I just went straight back on the pill, my bloods show that I’m possibly at menopause stage as well. No the saline flush isn’t like that, it’s just a wee transfer size catheter popped into my cervix, just like a transfer and 3 mm of saline pushed through, the dr did it and it just dribbled straight out, she thinks that I might have a long cervix and needed a longer catheter, but of course she didn’t have one so that was a bit of a wasted visit, on the up side, she learnt a new skill 😂 so it looks like our border is going to open, I’ve booked in for surgery with the dr from the other state, he has no problems with my age and I don’t have to see a cardiologist or get a letter from an OB, so I’m penciled in for 11 December, just hope they stay open long enough for me to get down there and back !
Sorry to hear things aren’t too great at home, hopefully things pick up and you start getting along ok. Kids sound awesome ! ❤

·
Registered
140 Posts
JK--Always lovely to hear from you about the twins and Hugo. I'm amazed that you are handling very well with three little kids. Hope you and Mr. jk will work out. Maybe some counseling will help.

Lenzetto is what Anna mentioned so I will get it when it is close to use, whenever that is given the current pandemic situation.

Stacey---Were you able to make the Dec 11 doctor's appointment. How did it go?

So we had the egg retrieval from the third donor
on Dec 10, got 11 mature eggs but the sperms were in bad shape after the freeze/thawing. The clinic went ahead with the fertilization but only 5 got fertilized, and all stopped development by day 5. So we are going to start it all over again. Anna says that she can get us a new match early January. My husband has to make a trip to do his part. With the new mutant strain of the virus in the UK and everything else, hope all will go well. 

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Oh no flower, what a nightmare, hope this next lot with fresh sperm will be the batch.
Yes I got down to Sydney and had the operation, the scar defect was 15mm long, not huge but obviously big enough to give me complications, dr was happy with how everything went. The universe was looking out for me as the internet state borders have shut again, so I managed to get in and out before that happened.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Stacey,  Glad surgery went well. How long do you need to wait before you can do a transfer?  Hope your boarders will open soon with the availability of vaccines.  Zlin did not charge us for the failed cycle so that's nice of them. DH already bought two neck pillows so he could sleep on the plane. lol Hope he can make it there and back on his own :)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I can pretty much try straight away, but I don’t think I will be trying again because I’m not interested in any vaccine so if you need to have one to travel that’s me out and I’m ok with that, I’ve had all year to get my head around the fact that I may not be able to use our embryos, and although sad, I won’t be putting any experimental,vaccine into my body.
Great that zlin didn’t charge you ! You guys are so lucky that you can still travel, we have to apply for permission to leave the country and then do 2 weeks hotel quarantine on our return which we have to pay for, also 3 covid tests, which I wouldn’t do, so that’s me out again 😂

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello Ladies,

Wish you all have a great 2021!

Stacey,  may be in a few months of time, things will get better and you can travel without all these restrictions? They can't force you to take the vaccine, can they? You have been through so much to get to this point, I hate to see you not to move forward.

Do you know any ladies that have transferred their embryos from Zlin to Slovakia? Anna says it is an option and I want to make sure that it has been done :)

I know there are ladies from the US going to Brno this month, hope my husband will be able to travel there alone next month.....I wonder what the medical letter would say ::) because usually these letters are addressed to the ladies.....I am seriously thinking about postpone it but I will be aged out in August..

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Hi flower, no they can’t “force” it but they can make restrictions, they are already talking about making it subject to travel both outward and inward bound, can’t see how they can make you have a vaccination to leave the country, but if they can they will 😬
Yes I know a couple of ladies who have moved their embryos to Slovakia, the clinic I go to accepts them and has no age limit and the other clinic in Slovakia does as well but has an age limit of 52.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi everyone
How are you all?  Such a weird time we are all living through at the moment.  Hoping we are coming through the worst of it now with the vaccines and lockdowns doing the job.  And hope you are safe and avoiding this horrible virus.

Zara is near 11 months now 🤦‍♀️ Born during the first lockdown and likely celebrating her 1st bday in lockdown but we have tried to make the most of the year.. not sure where that time has gone!! She is awesome and such a fabby personality.  I have another friend who is due any day now with a Zlin baby. We owe them so much 🤗
Love to you all 😘
Louisa xxx

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello Sunburn, glad to hear from you! It is such a chaos because of this stupid virus.

Stacey, how are things going with you?  I am having a second thought of seeing this expensive reproductive immunologist in Chicago. My appointment with the nurse in on next Tuesday. It will be a phone call with the nurse then I have to fly to Chicago a week later to see the doctor and take tests. All the tests could cost up to $8000. My insurance deductible is $5000. Even if the insurance covers it, I will need to pay that amount.  I am really afraid that she will say that I will need IVIG. On the other hand, I will turn 49 in August, I am afraid that she finds something and starts the treatment, that may take time and I can't do a transfer before August. So it is still time to chicken out. My regular IVF doctor did say that all I need to do is keeping trying. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Hey sunburn good to hear everything is going well, time certainly flys  :)
Flower it’s a difficult one, if you do the tests it will cost money, but they may find answers, if you don’t do the tests and there is something going on, then you risk wasting money on transfers that probably won’t work. Either way it’s going to cost you money, it’s really a decision of which money is better spent where, and which option will hopefully get you to the desired outcome.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey Stacey,  I decided to see Dr. Joanne Kwaik-Kim.  Except that I have a few fibroids, all other ultrasound checked out. It was a great relief that my uterine blood flow was normal. Now I am waiting on the blood test results. They are checking over 30 things. I will have a follow up appointment with the doctor on the 30th of this month. We will have a treatment plan by then.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Don’t forget to update with your results flower. Serrapeptase is a natural supplement that can help with fibroids, but it takes a few months to work.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi Ladies - i hope you don't mind jumping on here to ask a few questions. Admin - please point me in the right direction if it's not appropriate to post here.

We have just had the devastating news that my two OE embies didn't make it past day 3. I started a research on czech clinics in February when I had a baseline scan with 0 AFC. That's when it hit me that my OE journey might be coming to an end.
Anyway, Zlin is one of the clinics in the going and I just wanted to ask what you girls think. Why did you decide to go with them and most importantly what is travelling like between the UK and the clinic is like at the moment? Did you have to pay for two Covid tests upon arrival back in the UK or are you exempt because you travelled for medical reasons?

Good luck and ^fairydust^ to all of you. Thank you in advance to whoever is taking the time to respond xxx

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Welcome, I originally started this thread way back in 2013 I think and we have seen many ladies come through and the vast majority of them have been successful with zlin. It’s an awesome clinic, every professional, although it’s not in Prague it’s not hard to get to. I travelled from Australia and had no problems navigating how to get there, I used the train, there are buses also, plus I think the clinic does a transfer from vienna/Brno airport, and can organise one from Prague as well if you’d prefer. I like the fact that they have set epu and et days as it made it so. Much easier to plan and organise everything, plus having the hotel onsite is an added bonus, after et you just get taken straight back down to your room to rest. Sorry I can’t help with any of the travel info as obviously I’m not in your neck of the woods so not sure how things are, although I do have a friend in the uk that has been back and forth for transfers in Bratislava last year and flew in and out of Prague with no problems. As I said, personally I can’t reccomend the clinic enough, it’s very quiet on here atm but I suppose that’s to be expected, but hopefully a couple of the other ladies may check in and give you their experiences as well  :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Pritamin, welcome! i'm not on here often but just happened to jump on .... Sorry to hear about your OE journey. 
Originally I decided to go with them as they had a very comprehensive website and price list and they were fast to respond to emails..... They are not as easy to get to as Brno or Prague for example but then again there are many options for getting there... which isn't a bad thing , especially with Covid. I've travelled there from Prague, Bratislava, Warsaw, Vienna, Budapest , you name it . I think I've been 6 times ! I travelled most recently during Covid in October and had 6 flights cancelled , it is  trickier for sure with travel restrictions . Flights were cheap but subject to last min cancellation with low numbers travelling. I needed to keep up to date with situation on the ground for example Prague had a really high Covid rate so I didn't want to travel in there..... Slovakia kept threatening to close their border with Czech and so did Austria. In the end I hired a car in Bratislava, drove to Zlin and back ( 3 hour trip ) .... there were few flights so I ended up staying 1 week instead of 3 days but I did it. Now check the Covid levels as things were changing day to day and try and go a bit early as you can't be late for your ET .

As for the Clinic, while they are very professional, I don't think the care was as good as the care I got here in Ireland. For example, I got OHSS as they kept increasing the dose which meant I got 32 eggs and was a bit dangerous. Fluid built up in my abdomen which I had to be brought back for emergency drainage. I had a second cycle here with no issues or pain so it did make me wonder what they were up to . They also asked me if Id like to do egg collection a day later which I thought was mad asking the patient instead of deciding themselves. Luckily I said no as I was already in a lot of pain . ( This won't be an issue for you as its not OE )
Second issue with them is they never discovered I had immune issues and made suggestions like maybe i'm stressed which didn't show on any of my blood work and it really was as simple as me needed intralipids in the end. Miscarried 6 embryos without intralipids. .. then 3 successful embryo transfers with intralipids .... embryos all similar quality.  I told them I had immune issues from the start and they never thought of recommending the intralipid... which not all Drs do but it could have saved me a lot of heartache. they are all business . They will literally do things super quick but if you have any issues you are on your own with recommendations. The Doctors don't speak much english over there so the consultations weren't very satisfactory. I also didn't find them overly friendly but thats Czech for you . Best of luck with it . It is super cheap over there which is a big factor with Donor eggs as they are expensive. They didn't require me to have a Covid test in October. There is a pharmacy there where I purchased a few over the counter Covid tests... if you need an official one they will do it for 100 euro .... I wouldn't recommend travelling without one these days. I got one done here in Ireland for free before travelling 72 hrs previous to flight and another before coming back as well as self isolating for 2 weeks on return . To be honest it was all very stressful but I would do it again , it was worth it in the end. I just used an embryo I had there for 7 years and it has worked . they were not overly accomodating for me , refusing to see me on a Sat even though I had awful trouble arriving there on time with 6 flights being cancelled but it worked out in the end . I also wasted a month as they said it was too late to start oestrogen on day 2 of cycle , which isn't exactly true so they are not very flexible . I can't comment on the other clinics in Czech . Would I use them again ? Possibly .
They have a nice spa that I used downstairs and the hotel accomodation attached to the clinic is very handy. I went down  a few hours after Embryo transfer and even went for a dip in the plunge pool , was nice and relaxing....totally empty.
the town itself is not bad , plenty of restaurants and shops., even 2 cinemas in English. Most of the hotels are back in the 60s but its not exactly a tourist hotspot. I survived just fine there. I think i've spent 8 weeks in total out there so know it quite well if you have any questions. The transport in and out is great but maybe not sure with Covid , i thought car was the safest bet . Best of Luck!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys just wanted to write in here for anyone who reads thread after thread in desperate search for positive stories!! After 3 DE ivf cycles at zlin with one chemical pregnancy, we went for donor embryo and it worked first time! My partner had azoospermia and I was having lining troubles. I took 12mg estrogen and the usual progesterone and clexane injections. Lining was 7.7mm at transfer and baby arrived all happy and healthy in lockdown. Pregnancy was smooth, took 5mg folic acid for MTHFR and baby aspirin as suggested by fetal medicine doctor at Chelsea and Westminster.
Hope this little story at least helps someone remain positive :).
We are thinking of trying for a sibling later this year but just returned an abnormal smear so first to get over that hump!
Take care all

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Hey ladies!!!

Pritamin- hi!!!  You will find all the help you need here. We chose zlin for the success rates and the response. They were so thorough in their questions. Coming on here helped massively. You wouldn’t regret going there I’m sure!

Flower what are your thoughts now??

Stacey where are you now??

Hugo is nearly 4!!! Remember the time I came on here - bricking it and asking about trains!!! Zara is a loose cannon, sassy and a true fearless attitude. Eliza is more reserved and uses Zara as a comfort blanket. Hugo is a madness, he’s cheeky and a true boy!

Twins - hard ****** work! You don’t know till your in the club. Worth every second without a doubt. A ‘know all 4 year old’; frustrating but worth every second too!!!

I also thank zlin forever, for giving me my priceless treasures xoxoxoxo

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Hi everyone,
still plodding along here stuck on this damn island not being able to go anywhere, hey ho. Looks like my baby making days are pretty much over now, doubtful that our borders will open before next year and probably only for jabbed people which I’m not doing, also still having issues with blood in my uterus so it’s probably time to call it quit unfortunately, especially with the four we have frozen, but not much I can do about it, I got to deliver my grandson last month, we never made it to the hospital in time, so he was delivered in the front seat of my car on the side of the road, pretty awesome !
hope everyone is cruising along 🙂

·
Registered
140 Posts
Stacey, Congratulations on your grandson! Hope the baby and mom are doing well.

If you can't transfer, do you plan to donate these embryos?

It has been a while since I posted last time. Our third PGT-A tested normal embryo transfer failed last August, so I decided to see Dr. Joanne Kwak-Kim in Chicago. She is a well-known reproductive immunologist. The waiting list to see her was long. My appointment with her was in March. In the meantime, we found a new donor for Round 3.

Our third donor gave us 11 eggs just a couple of weeks before Christmas but the sperms went bad during the thawing process. That was a toss. After the holidays, we were matched with the fourth donor and the egg retrieval was scheduled in March. My husband had to make a trip to Zlin to do his part. 3 of the embryos made to day 5 and out of 3, only one was tested chromosomal normal.

Dr. Kwak-Kim did all sorts of tests. The findings were:
1. pre-diabetic......My fasting glucose level is around 100 mg/dL (most of time 98ish) so I was put on Metformin. My fasting insulin level was within normal range
2. MTHFR (C677T) gene was heterozygous mutated...I'm on prescribed folate supplement.
3. PAI-1 gene was homozygous mutated. ......so blood thinner (e,g, Lovenox will be required)
4. Antiphospholipid antibody test was positive
5. Anti-thyroid antibody testing is positive for anti-peroxidase antibodies
6. Anti-ovarian antibody test was positive.
7. Elevated NK cell levels
8. Elevated Th1/Th2 cytokine level.
9. 25 hydroxy vitamin D level was decreased

So I was put on prednisone, tacrolimus, lovenox, metoformin, Mentax, baby aspirin, prenatal vitamin, vitamin E, vitamin D, fish oil, vitamin C.

Every three weeks, I sent my blood sample through FedEx to Chicago for NK cell and cytokine level check since these tests can only be done at Dt. Kwak-Kim's lab.

We transferred on July 7. Unfortunately, it failed again. This was our fourth PGT-A tested normal embryo.

Our coordinator suggested that we should try double donor embryos. She said it could be sperm problem but there is no way to test.

I will be 49 next week, which means we need to find a new clinic.

2301 - 2320 of 2324 Posts