Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
2321 - 2335 of 2335 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello ladies,

Since our journey at Zlin has ended because of my age. We transferred 4 PGT-A tested normal embryos and none worked. The cause is still 50/50, either I can't carry or there is unknown male factors. The clinic suspected male factors that currently there is no method to test/detect/verify.

We will go to Georgia for surrogacy if there is no sperm issue but we have to make sure of that. So we are planning to try double donor embryos. At the moment, we are thinking of using donated embryos since it is cheaper and quicker (may be not quicker).

I don't want to go the Cyprus/Greece/Georgia/Ukraine.

ISCARE in Slovakia is a possibility but I have read mixed reviews.

Gyncentrum in Poland looks promising but I haven't found much reviews about them.

Any suggestions/ comments on these clinic?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Stacey, I'm waiting for a bleeding after the failed FET. Do you recommend that I get on BCPs right away or wait until my natural cycle comes then on BCPs?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Wow flower so glad you decided to go and have everything checked,I’m remember you wernt sure which way to go because of the expense, I hope zlin gave you a discount or something because of only one embryo being normal, or are they using possible sperm problems to get out of it ? There are definitely ways to check sperm, I would maybe look at getting his sperm looked at and if it’s normal send the results to zlin and then you would have proof it was an egg quality issue.
I have a friend who has been to Iscare a couple of times, she wasn’t that impressed with them compared tozlin, they used insist on only transferring one embryo, but the clinic has since sold and she went there about a month ago and they recommended that she transfer both of her embryos and she has got a bfp. Their age limit is 52 I think. So that could definitely be an option.
I would start bcp straight away.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Stacey, Thanks for the suggestions. I got the bleeding today and I am very tempted NOT to be on BCPs right away for a break. I have been on it for too long and my body doesn't like it.

I have been research on clinics in Poland. Sounds promising.

So far out of two donor cycles that we did PGT-A testing, first cycle out of 5 tested, 3 were normal. Second cycle out of 3 tested, 1 were normal. It seems that we were able to make embryos and make them grow at least 5 days. How likely that there were hidden issues that caused the embryos stop growing after 5 days? I haven't been able to get an answer from any REs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys
Thinking about my next round and have a few q’s I wonder if anyone has any experience with
has anyone used Estradiol patches as part or their protocol? As well as the estrimax. For FET.
and in terms of egg donor. Is there a way you can request from Anna to have a donor who has had live births from their eggs?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Hi guys
Thinking about my next round and have a few q’s I wonder if anyone has any experience with
has anyone used Estradiol patches as part or their protocol? As well as the estrimax. For FET.
and in terms of egg donor. Is there a way you can request from Anna to have a donor who has had live births from their eggs?
Thanks
I’ve used the patches in combination with the oral dose, I just got my own dr to order them, but that was when I cycled at another clinic as my lining wasn’t responding very well. When I put in my request for a donor I put proven donor down, many ladies do that 🙂

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve used the patches in combination with the oral dose, I just got my own dr to order them, but that was when I cycled at another clinic as my lining wasn’t responding very well. When I put in my request for a donor I put proven donor down, many ladies do that 🙂
hi Stacey. Thanks. Can you remember how much oral estrogen u took as well? I was on 12mg estrimax with zlin for poor lining. Obviously it worked on 4th round and I had my son but I’m keen to maybe try use the patches and reduce the amount of tabs.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
With the cycles i did with them I was on 8 mg, but other clinics since I’ve been on the same, but did a vaginal one, and added a patch every 3 days, I stopped eating animal protein and that made my lining less responsive, so I found I needed to use one tablet vaginally and then I chucked in a patch and had good responses with that combination

·
Registered
7 Posts
With the cycles i did with them I was on 8 mg, but other clinics since I’ve been on the same, but did a vaginal one, and added a patch every 3 days, I stopped eating animal protein and that made my lining less responsive, so I found I needed to use one tablet vaginally and then I chucked in a patch and had good responses with that combination
Thanks- really helpful! I had to use them vaginally too but was wondering if I could avoid that in space of a patch 🤔🤔🤔

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
you could, but I would obviously add one vaginally if your scan shows your lining not responding as much, so maybe do the scan on day 10 then you’d have a few days to change it up a bit.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi everyone, I've had a long stint from being on here and wanted to see if someone could send over the link for Zlin facts. I am now looking at my next cycle and have never been to Zlin before and it's been 30 months since my last cycle. I have pretty much forgot what, when and how I go about things. Feel completely out of touch with everything and could do with a little guidance from anyone that has been to Zlin. such as best area to fly to from UK and if it is worth staying at the hotel on site etc...

Thank you in advance for anyone that can send me over some tips, would be good to see some current action on this thread. :)(y)

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Hey san,
you can really fly in anywhere although if you could I’d probably stick to Brno or Prague, I think flying into vienna would be a bit of a hassle atm. From those airports you can get a train or a student agency bus, both are really easy and cheap. I’m not up to date on whether the clinic would organise a pick up from Prague still, but I’m sure they’d still do one from Brno if you didn’t want to do the train or bus. Definitely worth staying at the clinic hotel especially around the time of ec and transfer, I know ladies use to go off exploring in between those for the few days so if you felt like it you could go stay a couple of days in Brno or Prague etc just to break the week up as zlin is a small town. They still have set ec and transfer days so it’s easy to prebook everything. 🙂 I know someone who recently did a cycle there last month and she is now pregnant with twins.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thank you Stacey, I am looking at flights at the moment to Brno and they are approx £150 from UK, does that sound about right? I have also looked at hiring a car for the week just to drive over to other places as it looks like there is hardly anything there like you said. Do you know if it is easy enough to cross over the borders or do you think that would be hassle? I have looked at the hotel on site and it does look really nice although I think it would be good to move around any recommendations for other hotels? Wow your friend is pregnant with twins, amazing. (y) :)There has not been much on here, at one point I thought the clinic had closed. How are you are you keeping well and is life being kind to you. Thanks again for getting back to me it is really helpful when you are starting back up again.:love:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I think most clinic threads are super quiet now, unless your going to stay in other towns I wouldn’t bother moving around hotels, for me that would be such a hassle to do especially if your just moving to a different one in zlin, I’m not sure about going over borders during this time with the need for all the covid tests etc, so if it were me I’d spend my time exploring Prague, Brno and other little towns around zlin, my d/h went to one about an hour out of zlin and enjoyed that. Prices for flights probably would have been a bit cheaper a couple of years ago, but that’s not now so if your happy with that price I’d go for it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hi ladies
I had a transfer at Crown in North Cyprus 8/9 and i am now 9 weeks 5 days pregnant with twins
Transferred two expanded blasts 4AA
Hcg 9dp5dt 630
11dp5dt 1950
14dp5dt 6650
18dp5dt 27,000
Hi to Everyone!

I haven’t posted in about one or two years
After my two pregnancies from Reprogenesis from single embryo transfers in January and May of 2019 i had two early miscarriages- the one in January was a blighted ovum.
I switched to Reprofit- i did a fresh cycle there before my 49 bday and got two embryos grade two and i transported my last RG to Reprofit
In January of 2020 i had a cancelled cycle
In March and September of 2020 i had two failed cycles
In July I had a chemical pregnancy
All of these were single FETs
I noticed that my TSH went up to 5 around transfer day unless i took thyroid medicine
I then searched for clinics all around and decided to go to Crown Ivf in North Cyprus with Dr Tekin
They found me a Czech donor
We did a fresh cycle with husband’s sperm and donor eggs
We got 4 expanded blasts and 4 lower quality embryos
On August 9, we transferred two and on August 18 we found out hcg was 630!
I am pregnant with twins and we are so happy
We heard the heartbeats at the 6 week scan and had a second scan at 8 weeks
One baby was measuring 8w5 days and the other 8w6 days
After 2 and a half years of trying we couldn’t believe that it worked this time
I will be turning 51 on October 10

2321 - 2335 of 2335 Posts