Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
2501 - 2520 of 2555 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I haven’t had that problem, my lining has always got to about 8-8.5 on the pill. Off to the dr’s in about 3.5 hrs, I suppose today is crunch day 😬

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Well it was sort of good, so next step is under way she was able to insert, for want of a better word, a metal rod in through my cervix without it having to be clamped, (instrument used to check if an iud can be inserted in her office) cramped like a b*tch afterwards though,but she got it in to a depth of about 4 cm, my last two transfers as I’ve said, they’ve had to clamp my cervix to get in there, so she put the catheter in and squirted the saline in, which of course just came running out 😂 so the blood will be too old and sticky to come out, so will go on the pill for a month, have a bleed then go back in and get her to do that again, and hopefully that’ll swish any left over blood out, if that works then I’d say I’ll be good to go, I won’t bother taking the pill again after that, just wait to start the estrogen. Interesting 👆 I’ve only ever taken the pill for about 3 yrs straight, i did have a mirena in for about 2 years as well, I have noticed a difference in my lining since going full vegetarian, the protein must help, as when I ate chicken my lining would get to around 12mm I think the biggest in my last 3 cancelled cycles was around 9 mm and that’s with 4 estrogen plus a patch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well it was sort of good, so next step is under way she was able to insert, for want of a better word, a metal rod in through my cervix without it having to be clamped, (instrument used to check if an iud can be inserted in her office) cramped like a b*tch afterwards though,but she got it in to a depth of about 4 cm, my last two transfers as I’ve said, they’ve had to clamp my cervix to get in there, so she put the catheter in and squirted the saline in, which of course just came running out 😂 so the blood will be too old and sticky to come out, so will go on the pill for a month, have a bleed then go back in and get her to do that again, and hopefully that’ll swish any left over blood out, if that works then I’d say I’ll be good to go, I won’t bother taking the pill again after that, just wait to start the estrogen. Interesting 👆 I’ve only ever taken the pill for about 3 yrs straight, i did have a mirena in for about 2 years as well, I have noticed a difference in my lining since going full vegetarian, the protein must help, as when I ate chicken my lining would get to around 12mm I think the biggest in my last 3 cancelled cycles was around 9 mm and that’s with 4 estrogen plus a patch.
That’s an interesting thought! I’ll keep on the protein. I did wonder if it could also be weight related as I’m at least 5kg heavier this time around. Think most of my miscarriage bleeding is over already I.e. not so heavy and all the thick clots are gone.
Really fantastic news about the cervix. You must be pleased about that. Perhaps if nothing else then today’s wash might have dislodged the old blood to make it more easy for it to come out with your next withdrawal bleed/ wash 🤞🤞🤞 xx

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I have with a cycle in north cyprus, they both do different things, but I never had a problem with doing them both

·
Registered
298 Posts
Anna came back to me about next transfer and said I could swap back to utrogestan. Has anyone taken aspirin and clexane at the same time? Xx
I took both during my previous UK donor cycle. Zlin said I didn’t need to with taking Clexane but think I will next time. My UK clinic who recommended it was one of the Care Clinics who do a lot of immune cycles xx

·
Registered
104 Posts
I took both during my previous UK donor cycle. Zlin said I didn’t need to with taking Clexane but think I will next time. My UK clinic who recommended it was one of the Care Clinics who do a lot of immune cycles xx
Yeah I’m wondering if it has better effects. I’m going to ask Anna and maybe take it with the clexane or take it before the clexane for a few weeks 🤔 xx

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
For me, I used to take my pregnancy vitamin, extra folic acid and iron, fish oil, probiotic etc and then once I start meds, I make sure I have almonds and Brazil nuts, pomegranate juice, avocado and also have to try hard with the protein, so have protein smoothies each day etc. try and do some type of exercise each week so some walking or a yoga class and try and drink enough each day, I hate drinking water so that’s always hard for me 🙄

·
Registered
104 Posts
For me, I used to take my pregnancy vitamin, extra folic acid and iron, fish oil, probiotic etc and then once I start meds, I make sure I have almonds and Brazil nuts, pomegranate juice, avocado and also have to try hard with the protein, so have protein smoothies each day etc. try and do some type of exercise each week so some walking or a yoga class and try and drink enough each day, I hate drinking water so that’s always hard for me 🙄
Thank you! Doing all of those things already and will give the nuts a go when it comes time. I also go for pea protein crisps, biltong and pork scratching (they’re a bit yuck!) type snacks for extra protein once I start protocol. Gosh I feel so impatient now waiting for the next round. How are you going with things? Xx

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I’m ok, just waiting really to find out, I’m on the pill also so we will see what happens once I have a bleed, if I can empty all of the blood from the uterus, will book in with my gp as well so she can do the saline flush again, hopefully if there is anything left in there that will be enough to flush it out. I just have to have a u/s of my boobs, I’m holding off on that atm to see what happens after my period/scan I think, might as well wait rather than go have one of those done and I can’t so the cycle.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I’m ok, just waiting really to find out, I’m on the pill also so we will see what happens once I have a bleed, if I can empty all of the blood from the uterus, will book in with my gp as well so she can do the saline flush again, hopefully if there is anything left in there that will be enough to flush it out. I just have to have a u/s of my boobs, I’m holding off on that atm to see what happens after my period/scan I think, might as well wait rather than go have one of those done and I can’t so the cycle.
Yeah totally understand your rationale behind that order. And fingers crossed 🤞. We are really debating whether to ask for embryo donation x2 or use 2 of the 3 we have! Anna is working on my protocol as we speak but aside from switching to the other utrogestan I’m not sure now if I want to drop the estrimax. Then it just feels there could be too many contributing factors to figuring out what went wrong (if it goes wrong a second time!) xx

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I did that with my day 6’s as well 👍

·
Registered
104 Posts
I did that with my day 6’s as well 👍
Great to know! And that was the double transfer for you with the one blighted ovum? Or your twins?
A few other women told me that too now I’ve asked around. Feel slightly more comfortable with it but just still not sure if I’m doing the right thing with sticking with the same batch of embryos 😬😬😬. Xx

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
It was with both transfers 🙂 I think your doing the right thing, using these two up, if it were me, I’d always be wondering, if i didn’t .

·
Registered
104 Posts
It was with both transfers 🙂 I think your doing the right thing, using these two up, if it were me, I’d always be wondering, if i didn’t .
Yeah I guess if I didn’t have anything which I could class as a contributing factor then I would def switch to embryo donation and not use these Frosties. But because my progesterone was also low I can’t be 100% sure that didn’t contribute. Because I had the spotting at 5dp5dt I then wonder if it was then that something went wrong because of low levels 🤷‍♀️😬. We shall see I suppose xx

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi girls,

I hope you’re ok.

Well we have decided to put off transferring our 2 last frozen blasts until next year. We have quite a bit going on this year so feel Jan/Feb would be best to go over for Hysteroscopy and then transfer. We decided to have a holiday in the sun last week and it’s exactly what we needed as we’ve been struggling coming to terms with the last negative cycle.

Msahxox, great news you are looking to your next cycle, fingers crossed for you.

I kind of wish that they had left ours to develop until day 6. I was told we had 4 expanded blasts, however looking at the embryscope images and googling 🙈 I feel that apart from one (which does look expanded), they look more like early blasts, smaller and with a thicker zona! It makes me wonder if there’s some underlying sperm issue even though my partners sample is always good xx

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Hey gumdrops glad you enjoyed your break, im Pretty sure that they wouldn’t have said they were expanding if they wernt, they’re pretty straight forward with their embryo grading and will tell you if they’re not very good from my own experience and from everyone on here, that’s been previously. Each clinic and country grade slightly differently so it can be hard to compare embryos, even by photos for the untrained eye, trust me, I went through dozens upon dozens of embryo photos after my transfer with dogus, checking the photos they gave me of the embryos that where “mine”, so many that infact I came across “my” embryos amongst the hundreds I was looking at 😂 anyway I digress, mine were only taken to day 6 because I couldn’t get there in time for a 5 day transfer, so if mine were a day 5 transfer as they were supposed to be then mine wouldn’t have been as far along in the growing process as they were, so I’d say they would have been at expanded and blastocyst stage on day 5. They chuck out anything they don’t consider good quality, they’re quite ridged with their grading compared to other clinics and many clinics freeze lower grade embryos that really don’t have much of a chance, so you can rest assured that the ones that you have would have looked good under the microscope. Of course perfect looking embryos don’t always make a baby, so that’s hard to get your head around as well, as sometimes the not so perfect ones do Unfortunately its all still a gamble as to which embryos will stick and which won’t and why they do or don’t. Russian roulette really.
well I had my breast scan yesterday and they found some “things” to measure, I’ve been googling images as well lol and I’m pretty sure that one is a straight cyst, although for the untrained eye I’m just hoping. Not sure what the other two spots were though, so if it comes back as needing more investigations then thats pretty much me out I suppose as I won’t be able to get anything done in time for when we leave etc, and if it’s the big C , that, including my age atm would write me off. Anyway hopefully results will be back by the end of the week. Last day of the pill tomorrow as well, so hopefully some type of bleed will happen next week then it’s back off to the dr for the flush 🥴

2501 - 2520 of 2555 Posts