Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
2521 - 2540 of 2555 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey gumdrops glad you enjoyed your break, im Pretty sure that they wouldn’t have said they were expanding if they wernt, they’re pretty straight forward with their embryo grading and will tell you if they’re not very good from my own experience and from everyone on here, that’s been previously. Each clinic and country grade slightly differently so it can be hard to compare embryos, even by photos for the untrained eye, trust me, I went through dozens upon dozens of embryo photos after my transfer with dogus, checking the photos they gave me of the embryos that where “mine”, so many that infact I came across “my” embryos amongst the hundreds I was looking at 😂 anyway I digress, mine were only taken to day 6 because I couldn’t get there in time for a 5 day transfer, so if mine were a day 5 transfer as they were supposed to be then mine wouldn’t have been as far along in the growing process as they were, so I’d say they would have been at expanded and blastocyst stage on day 5. They chuck out anything they don’t consider good quality, they’re quite ridged with their grading compared to other clinics and many clinics freeze lower grade embryos that really don’t have much of a chance, so you can rest assured that the ones that you have would have looked good under the microscope. Of course perfect looking embryos don’t always make a baby, so that’s hard to get your head around as well, as sometimes the not so perfect ones do Unfortunately its all still a gamble as to which embryos will stick and which won’t and why they do or don’t. Russian roulette really.
well I had my breast scan yesterday and they found some “things” to measure, I’ve been googling images as well lol and I’m pretty sure that one is a straight cyst, although for the untrained eye I’m just hoping. Not sure what the other two spots were though, so if it comes back as needing more investigations then thats pretty much me out I suppose as I won’t be able to get anything done in time for when we leave etc, and if it’s the big C , that, including my age atm would write me off. Anyway hopefully results will be back by the end of the week. Last day of the pill tomorrow as well, so hopefully some type of bleed will happen next week then it’s back off to the dr for the flush 🥴
Hi Stacey,

I know, I shouldn’t torture myself with googling, thank you for reassuring me, it really does help and I do know deep down that Zlin wouldn’t freeze poor quality/slow embryos, I keep telling myself this.

Sorry to hear about your scan, praying that the results come back clear at the end of the week, what an awful worry that must be for you xx

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi gumdrops. Yes I have similar thoughts about my day6 embryos but as Stacey says it’s all a game of chance! And the embryos are not the only factor :(.
Aww Stacey hope your results turn out ok and it’s nothing to worry about! I’m on countdown now to transfer day but also started looking at Barcelona IVF for a next round (November/ December?) as I think it will be a lot easier for us to travel to and heard a few good things from a couple of mums who got pregnant there with embryo donation xx

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi gumdrops. Yes I have similar thoughts about my day6 embryos but as Stacey says it’s all a game of chance! And the embryos are not the only factor :(.
Aww Stacey hope your results turn out ok and it’s nothing to worry about! I’m on countdown now to transfer day but also started looking at Barcelona IVF for a next round (November/ December?) as I think it will be a lot easier for us to travel to and heard a few good things from a couple of mums who got pregnant there with embryo donation xx
Hi Msahxox,
I guess it’s just me overthinking again! If it’s not the embryos I’m worrying about it’s something else!!

Hopefully you won’t need to go to Barcelona as this cycle hopefully works for you. When is your transfer? xx

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Msahxox,
I guess it’s just me overthinking again! If it’s not the embryos I’m worrying about it’s something else!!

Hopefully you won’t need to go to Barcelona as this cycle hopefully works for you. When is your transfer? xx
I feel you. If not one thing, then another!!
I really hope so!! I was about to be off to Greece if my sons cycle didn’t work. But since this embryo issue I’m put off full cycles. I’d rather do embryo donation. I’m still so tempted to push for that at zlin for the extra £1,200 or roughly whatever it is as I do worry about the day6s. Transfer in 60 days- 5th September. I think I’m finally comfortable with my protocol and I don’t think there needs to be any changes. Some of the clinics I’m talking to now suggest cyclogest but I’m just reluctant to switch to a different type of medication and not know how my body reacts/ have to wait and see 😬 xx

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Oh if my transfer goes ahead, I’m booked in for September 7 th 🙂

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yay so close to me!! Xx
Wow, not too long to wait for you both then.

Msahxox, were you considering Serum in Athens before your successful transfer with your son? I went there years ago for a Hysteroscopy and was considering a cycle with them, you don’t tend to hear a lot about Serum on here anymore.

Stacey, I hope your results came back ok xx

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow, not too long to wait for you both then.

Msahxox, were you considering Serum in Athens before your successful transfer with your son? I went there years ago for a Hysteroscopy and was considering a cycle with them, you don’t tend to hear a lot about Serum on here anymore.

Stacey, I hope your results came back ok xx
Hey yeah I was speaking to Serum. They seemed quite good in that they recommended a long course of antibiotics before transfer and a similar protocol to zlin. Only thing that puts me off is they don’t do embryo donation, you have to do full cycle which is €6,000. I’m totally put off that now in case you get a set of bad eggs/ sperm. And I’m not keen to combine with a holiday so it’s quite far to go! I see a lot of people using new life in Greece too. Xx

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey yeah I was speaking to Serum. They seemed quite good in that they recommended a long course of antibiotics before transfer and a similar protocol to zlin. Only thing that puts me off is they don’t do embryo donation, you have to do full cycle which is €6,000. I’m totally put off that now in case you get a set of bad eggs/ sperm. And I’m not keen to combine with a holiday so it’s quite far to go! I see a lot of people using new life in Greece too. Xx
Yeah. I wasn’t sure how I felt about their hidden C test though, it seems most people were testing positive for it, but I guess it’s something else to try and easy/cheap to treat.

Ah yes Newlife get very good reviews, I was looking at them when searching for clinics before deciding on Zlin, but the Greek clinics are obviously a lot more pricey than Czech and by the time you factor in flights etc. I was actually tempted to go for the Hysteroscopy again at Serum instead on Zlin before my FET but when I worked it out, including the Hysteroscopy and flights I think it was working out around nearly 3k xx

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah. I wasn’t sure how I felt about their hidden C test though, it seems most people were testing positive for it, but I guess it’s something else to try and easy/cheap to treat.

Ah yes Newlife get very good reviews, I was looking at them when searching for clinics before deciding on Zlin, but the Greek clinics are obviously a lot more pricey than Czech and by the time you factor in flights etc. I was actually tempted to go for the Hysteroscopy again at Serum instead on Zlin before my FET but when I worked it out, including the Hysteroscopy and flights I think it was working out around nearly 3k xx
I just had a really good consultation with Barcelona ivf and a few happy mums recommended me. Seems much easier to get to Barcelona than Greece too! Xx

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just had a really good consultation with Barcelona ivf and a few happy mums recommended me. Seems much easier to get to Barcelona than Greece too! Xx
good news about your consultation. Did they suggest anything different to what Zlin suggest? x

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Must be the day for good consults lol, I had a consult with the surgeon who did my scar revision surgery which went really well, he is such a nice guy, so he is happy with my plans, sent through the flushing protocol to my gp so she will have it on hand and I also went to acu yesterday to hurry up my period as my last pill was on Friday and I still hadn’t had a peep of it and I’ve woken up this morning with a cracking headache and my period has made an appearance lol so now just waiting for this breast scan result which I should get today 😬

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yay fingers crossed Stacey! That all sounds so positive.
Hmmm no they didn’t gumdrops. In fact the doc said prob don’t need clexane. Which I kind of know but reluctant to drop as it was part of my successful cycle. They won’t send me the full protocol though until I pay the €300. Seem to say it will be patches and progesterone. Can add aspirin if I like. I’m comfortable with all of that and can have 2x day5 embryos for €2,950 so that will be my next stop after this last try at Zlin. All in all it works out about the same cost for me once you factor in the €240 return taxi to Zlin clinic and cost (time) of my journey to Stansted xx

·
Registered
298 Posts
Must be the day for good consults lol, I had a consult with the surgeon who did my scar revision surgery which went really well, he is such a nice guy, so he is happy with my plans, sent through the flushing protocol to my gp so she will have it on hand and I also went to acu yesterday to hurry up my period as my last pill was on Friday and I still hadn’t had a peep of it and I’ve woken up this morning with a cracking headache and my period has made an appearance lol so now just waiting for this breast scan result which I should get today 😬
Good to hear about your consultation Stacey xx

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yay fingers crossed Stacey! That all sounds so positive.
Hmmm no they didn’t gumdrops. In fact the doc said prob don’t need clexane. Which I kind of know but reluctant to drop as it was part of my successful cycle. They won’t send me the full protocol though until I pay the €300. Seem to say it will be patches and progesterone. Can add aspirin if I like. I’m comfortable with all of that and can have 2x day5 embryos for €2,950 so that will be my next stop after this last try at Zlin. All in all it works out about the same cost for me once you factor in the €240 return taxi to Zlin clinic and cost (time) of my journey to Stansted xx
Would you not fancy hiring a car from Brno Airport to Zlin? It cost us £50 for 2 days and was so easy to organise (can’t remember the petrol cost), although I know the taxi will probably be a little more relaxing for a bit extra.

I keep thinking about the ERA test, not sure if either of you have had it? Zlin didn’t recommend it when I asked about it, I just keep thinking I’ve never had implantation it may be an idea, also my lining always grows to a good thickness however my triple line is always subtle and sometimes hard to see, but I do have a tilted uterus so that might be reason, I don’t know! xx

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Gumdrops, I’ve never had era, but I have read so many good things about it over the years, especially from ladies who, like yourself have never had implantation, although as usual there are mixed thoughts on it, I’ve really only ever read good reviews, and it’s either confirmed that transfer is taking place in the right window or it isnt, so for me, it would be worthwhile doing if I was in your shoes, especially if your not going to transfer until next year, you can do this is the meantime and either way you can adjust the progesterone timing if needed.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Gumdrops, I’ve never had era, but I have read so many good things about it over the years, especially from ladies who, like yourself have never had implantation, although as usual there are mixed thoughts on it, I’ve really only ever read good reviews, and it’s either confirmed that transfer is taking place in the right window or it isnt, so for me, it would be worthwhile doing if I was in your shoes, especially if your not going to transfer until next year, you can do this is the meantime and either way you can adjust the progesterone timing if needed.
Hi Stacey. Yeah there’s such mixed feelings regarding the ERA. I know you get a slight scratch during the ERA which makes me wonder if it’s the actual scratch that’s helping people to then achieve implantation. What is also putting me off a bit is the fact that the results apparently only last for 3 months, as then your implantation window can change, so I would need to fit it in somewhere before my hysteroscopy/scratch in Zlin and the transfer, also if I go for another cycle after that time I would need another ERA! Ahhh such hard decisions!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Stacey. Yeah there’s such mixed feelings regarding the ERA. I know you get a slight scratch during the ERA which makes me wonder if it’s the actual scratch that’s helping people to then achieve implantation. What is also putting me off a bit is the fact that the results apparently only last for 3 months, as then your implantation window can change, so I would need to fit it in somewhere before my hysteroscopy/scratch in Zlin and the transfer, also if I go for another cycle after that time I would need another ERA! Ahhh such hard decisions!
Hi gumdrops. Yes this is exactly what Zlin said to me about doing a mock cycle. Even if u take same meds, then lining is not 100% identical next cycle anyhow.
Did you do the endometrial biopsy NK cells thing in Zlin? That gives you a bit of a scratch too.
I just wonder perhaps for you, you could be better off doing an ERA rather than another hysteroscopy? If your first hysteroscopy was fine and all ultrasounds look ok? What are they suspecting they might find by doing another?
My theory on the triple line not being so defined is actually too much/ too long on estrogen. I’m sure I’ve read a few research articles that suggest that. It was the first time I experienced fainter lines this last cycle too.
Xx

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi gumdrops. Yes this is exactly what Zlin said to me about doing a mock cycle. Even if u take same meds, then lining is not 100% identical next cycle anyhow.
Did you do the endometrial biopsy NK cells thing in Zlin? That gives you a bit of a scratch too.
I just wonder perhaps for you, you could be better off doing an ERA rather than another hysteroscopy? If your first hysteroscopy was fine and all ultrasounds look ok? What are they suspecting they might find by doing another?
My theory on the triple line not being so defined is actually too much/ too long on estrogen. I’m sure I’ve read a few research articles that suggest that. It was the first time I experienced fainter lines this last cycle too.
Xx
No I didn’t do the endo NK biopsy but I am considering doing this during the hysteroscopy. The thing is the last hysteroscopy I had was in 2014 and obviously I guess things can change over time, that’s why Zlin suggest it before my next transfer, they actually suggested it prior to my transfer in May but I wanted to try a cycle without it first.

That’s interesting what you say about the high estrogen. I wonder if Zlin would be prepared to give me a lower dose or less time taking it prior to transfer maybe? Were you on a lower dose on previous cycles where you got a better line? xx

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
My take on it would be that if your progesterone window is out and you have never had any implantation, the odds of it suddenly changing would be slim, so if you were having a transfer, say in Feb you would time it so you would have the biopsy within that 3 mth window, the window I would say is more for the scratch as that’s when you get the benefits of that, in that time period. Also if your going to muck around with the dose of estrogen I would highly suggest doing a mock cycle, you don’t want to be going into a transfer cycle and have a lower dose of estrogen, only to find that your lining isn’t responding and then having to dash around increasing your dose and trying to get your lining up to a good level for transfer, if it were me I wouldn’t be playing around with the dose of estrogen, if what your usually on get you a decent thickness. Some ladies just don’t get a good triple line no matter what, and I’ve seen some that haven’t got one at all still achieve a pregnancy. Triple lined is “ideal” but it’s only one part of the recipe. Maybe having hysteroscop/biopsy/era testing at the same time would be more beneficial as then you can check your window, your lining will be checked out and you would have a “clean out” of the lining, so when you cycle it will be a nice fresh lining growing back. That’s my 2 cents worth.

2521 - 2540 of 2555 Posts