Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
2541 - 2555 of 2555 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
My take on it would be that if your progesterone window is out and you have never had any implantation, the odds of it suddenly changing would be slim, so if you were having a transfer, say in Feb you would time it so you would have the biopsy within that 3 mth window, the window I would say is more for the scratch as that’s when you get the benefits of that, in that time period. Also if your going to muck around with the dose of estrogen I would highly suggest doing a mock cycle, you don’t want to be going into a transfer cycle and have a lower dose of estrogen, only to find that your lining isn’t responding and then having to dash around increasing your dose and trying to get your lining up to a good level for transfer, if it were me I wouldn’t be playing around with the dose of estrogen, if what your usually on get you a decent thickness. Some ladies just don’t get a good triple line no matter what, and I’ve seen some that haven’t got one at all still achieve a pregnancy. Triple lined is “ideal” but it’s only one part of the recipe. Maybe having hysteroscop/biopsy/era testing at the same time would be more beneficial as then you can check your window, your lining will be checked out and you would have a “clean out” of the lining, so when you cycle it will be a nice fresh lining growing back. That’s my 2 cents worth.
Hi Stacey, thanks for your advice too. Yeah that’s what I tend to think about my triple stripe, I just never get a clear line, as I’ve had scans during none IVF cycles and it’s the same, there but very subtle, but who knows!

It’s just trying to fit everything in, it would be great if I could do hysto, ERA at the same time in Zlin however they need to be done at different times in your cycle, I’ve been researching clinics in the UK for possible ERA. It’s also putting me off getting it done in Zlin if it comes back none receptive I’ll have to do it all again, and really don’t want to keep travelling back and forth to Zlin.

I would love to try a natural FET (I’ve never done one) as I know my lining thickens well in a none IVF cycle however I think Zlin won’t recommend this as I know it’s difficult to get timings right when travelling abroad for treatment.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
The ladies that I have seen lately have only had to have the one era test and it tell them + or - hours needed for progesterone, so not sure why you would need it done again ? You can easily change the hours of progesterone yourself when you have the results, with your protocol 🤔 all it would mean is that you adjust when you start the progesterone, either earlier or later. They do accomodate natural cycles, but not very often, it would just mean that you would have to be very certain that you could get a flight over etc, and you’d have to be on top of testing to make sure you have o’d and they can time the transfer properly. If your lining is ok though, which it sounds like it is, I’d be concentrating on the era, but that’s just me 🙂

·
Registered
298 Posts
The ladies that I have seen lately have only had to have the one era test and it tell them + or - hours needed for progesterone, so not sure why you would need it done again ? You can easily change the hours of progesterone yourself when you have the results, with your protocol 🤔 all it would mean is that you adjust when you start the progesterone, either earlier or later. They do accomodate natural cycles, but not very often, it would just mean that you would have to be very certain that you could get a flight over etc, and you’d have to be on top of testing to make sure you have o’d and they can time the transfer properly. If your lining is ok though, which it sounds like it is, I’d be concentrating on the era, but that’s just me 🙂
I thought that if you do the ERA and it comes back as unreceptive on 5 days of progesterone (pre or post) then you have to do it again, adjusting the number of days on progesterone until it shows as receptive, I think I need to research a little more ha ha!!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Yes that’s how it was, and maybe some clinics still do it that way, but from reading other ladies experience lately, the ones that go to Spain seem to do the era test and from that one biopsy they then get told + or - a certain amount of hours, so maybe they have streamlined it a bit more over the years, maybe check out the Emma and Alice test, I think it’s called that from memory, can’t remember exactly what is involved in those tests or what they’re for but they’ve just popped into my head while writing this and I do remember reading about them a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I’ve finish bcp and just started period today, have to fly down to a different state to get the flush done, the dr that did my C-section repair is doing it so I’m off on Thursday and back home Friday. Currently in a battle of wills with the clinic, been dealing with them since 2019 and from the start I’ve said I wanted to transfer two, which they agreed too, now they’re saying only one, so right now we are at a stand off, I have all emails agreeing to transferring of two, they’re frozen in pairs, and I’m about 5 days away from engaging a lawyer, if they’re stuck on one and won’t move I want full compensation for the cycle as I’m not going all that way for one embryo when they’re frozen together, as far as I’m concerned they have broken a written agreement, so boxing gloves are on !

·
Registered
104 Posts
I’ve finish bcp and just started period today, have to fly down to a different state to get the flush done, the dr that did my C-section repair is doing it so I’m off on Thursday and back home Friday. Currently in a battle of wills with the clinic, been dealing with them since 2019 and from the start I’ve said I wanted to transfer two, which they agreed too, now they’re saying only one, so right now we are at a stand off, I have all emails agreeing to transferring of two, they’re frozen in pairs, and I’m about 5 days away from engaging a lawyer, if they’re stuck on one and won’t move I want full compensation for the cycle as I’m not going all that way for one embryo when they’re frozen together, as far as I’m concerned they have broken a written agreement, so boxing gloves are on !
Oh that sounds super stressful! I don’t get it though especially because they are actually already frozen in pairs too. So are they proposing to re-freeze the other? I think you do right to push for a double transfer. I wish I’d done that back in May and providing lining is ok this time, I will go for 2 xx

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I’m not sure if that’s what they think they’re going to do with the other one or just discard it, but I’m not agreeing to it, I have it in writing in my emails that I can transfer two, I’d much rather cancel the whole thing because if I go for a transfer and they do one, then I’m agreeing to that, which I’m not. And I don’t think they usually Re freeze ones that have been thawed, I don’t think it’s too good for them when they do that. Considering that they cannot tell which if any will implant and or make a baby it would be basically be playing Russian roulette to which one they chose to pop back in 🤷‍♀️ I haven’t heard from the clinic in over a week, spoke to a lawyer over there who is happy to take on the case but it’s going to cost €500 but there won’t be any other costs involved, honestly that clinic has already cost me so much money, but I almost thinks it’s worth it because they have back tracked on an agreement, I’ve been very upfront about wanting to transfer two, right from the start, otherwise I would have gone back to North Cyprus. 😬

·
Registered
104 Posts
I’m not sure if that’s what they think they’re going to do with the other one or just discard it, but I’m not agreeing to it, I have it in writing in my emails that I can transfer two, I’d much rather cancel the whole thing because if I go for a transfer and they do one, then I’m agreeing to that, which I’m not. And I don’t think they usually Re freeze ones that have been thawed, I don’t think it’s too good for them when they do that. Considering that they cannot tell which if any will implant and or make a baby it would be basically be playing Russian roulette to which one they chose to pop back in 🤷‍♀️ I haven’t heard from the clinic in over a week, spoke to a lawyer over there who is happy to take on the case but it’s going to cost €500 but there won’t be any other costs involved, honestly that clinic has already cost me so much money, but I almost thinks it’s worth it because they have back tracked on an agreement, I’ve been very upfront about wanting to transfer two, right from the start, otherwise I would have gone back to North Cyprus. 😬
Gosh! And have they given you a reason as to why they are refusing to transfer 2? Xx

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Age… that’s it, even though I have no pre-existing health issues and I have a letter from my dr stating that they’re ok with me having 2 transferred.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
No, no luck, they have basically said to think myself lucky because they will treat me now that they have implemented an age limit. I replied and said that I was very sorry to hear that and I now have no other option but to proceed to contact a lawyer as as far as I’m concerned they are in breech of our agreement.

·
Registered
104 Posts
No, no luck, they have basically said to think myself lucky because they will treat me now that they have implemented an age limit. I replied and said that I was very sorry to hear that and I now have no other option but to proceed to contact a lawyer as as far as I’m concerned they are in breech of our agreement.
Have you managed to make any progress with this Stacey? Hope you’re doing ok xx

2541 - 2555 of 2555 Posts