Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Zlin cycle buddies and pregnancy chat part 9

209K views 3K replies 34 participants last post by  Stacey10 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Mimi I was tempted to do gender selection but that costs an extra €1000 so even though it will be weird to get a boy after 3 girls again I’ll just be thankful to get pregnant  ^pray^
Not sure about the sample, the clinic would know how many to use, maybe they’ll thaw one and see how it looks etc and then decide if they need to thaw another one.
Julia sounds like she is doing really well ! I’ve got Bub onto one or two bottles of organic formula, but she is still determined as anything to keep feeding, I’m afraid she is in for a shock in October 😂 :-\

#3 ·
Stacy- 1000 extra euros! I feel the same way as you i will be happy to get pregnant too. About the samples it makes sense- i would like to keep one frozen just in case. I have been feeling very gulity to wean her but now it majes me feel a bit better that maybe it would have happened anyway with the daytime feedings— we will see how i do with the morning and evening feeds.
Bub seems very determined. What kind of organic formula has she tried? Julia has had enfamil but i might switch to gerber but not sure- the gentlease enfamil she really did not like. Got a pull toy elephant and an indestructible baby book as she loves to eat the board book corners and lately has been actually eating them as they are worn in and come off easily and i am too slow to stop her.

Tommie- How early will you be gling to the lab?

#4 ·
I use Bellamy’s which is an Australian milk formula brand 🙂 sounds good to leave a vile for backup just incase 👍

#5 ·
Hi ladies,

Stacey I’m sure facial features etc will be fine anyway ☺ 1000 extra euros for gender choice is extortion!!! Do you want a boy or a girl? If you could choose?

Mimi great that Julia is liking her formula. I don’t know how you cope at 5am feed etc Hugo sleeps 6pm-8am, any less sleep than that and he’s a rat bag and I’m in a vile mood!!!!

Tommie!!!! Ha I knew you would get a BFP!!!! Good luck for the beta!!! Still think a boy 💙

Laquinn haha I think maybe I just cba when it came to ov tests after so long but I knew we had a problem if you know what I mean???

Hello to eoe ☺

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#6 ·
Jk probably a girl if I were to be brutally honest as we have had 3 girls and now have all girls stuff so it would be easier, but a baby is better than no baby  ;)
Oh gosh on the sleeping, bun is awake on and off from about 3 am until 5.30 when she decide to go back to sleep, it drives me nuts !

#7 ·
Of course Stacey but I know what you mean!! I’m not sure on gender for you atm 🤔 you are a saint for being able to function with that sleep routine 💪💪💪💪

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

#8 ·
I know, I now have permenant bags under my eyes that have popped up in the last couple of years  ::) thankfully I’m now blind as a bat and have to wear glasses so it hides them, although I always get a shock in the morning when moisturising 😂 she is on and off the boob and then finally resettles and it’s so frustrating as the other kids wake up at 6 lol  ::)

#9 ·
Stacey - Thanks?  ??? Come on lucky #2  ^reiki^

Mimi - Yeah, lots of ewcm this month just before the opk went off - praying for a miracle!  ^pray^ That's some feeding schedule Julia's on  :eek:  Sounds like she's doing great for her age  :)

Tommie - Huge congrats!  ^hugme^ Good luck for the beta  ^reiki^

JK - I get ya  ;) POAS makes me feel like I have some element of control over this crappy situation...  :(

#10 ·
Haha Stacey!!! Get some anusol under your eyes and you’ll look bright as a button ☺

Laquinn that’s a good way of looking it, taking control and being pro active 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Lots of PMA and luck now for this 2 week wait!! PMA is my biggest downfall 🙄 but I preach it to everyone else 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#11 ·
Laquinn of course good luck but if it doesn’t work out this month you have exciting times ahead, moving on with de !!

#12 ·
LaQuin- when is your cycle at Zlin for de?

Jk- 6 to 8!!! How wonderful. Today she slept 8 pm to now 5 am and she is still asleep! She cried for a couple of minutes and went back to sleep.

Stacy- what happens in October? Your trip- will bub not be coming along?
for my new cycle, should i book embryoscope or not? My clinic price has gone up and now includes embryo glue automatically. embryoscope is 500 - is it necessary? Would you book it or not? And why?
you and I are sleep deprived:( i think my baby depends on the breast to fall back to sleep; we sleep in the same room (we are in this apartment for a year so far a month in)but last night and til Wed my dh is oit of town so i am letting her sleep alone in the crib as usual- what happens is that she starts in the crib and ends up in our bed— up til two weeks ago she would snuggle til 7 but now she feeds at 4:30 and around 5:30 she wants to be up and about. By the way i have the AC on (we gave in) .
About the gender ... i agree with you- what will be will be.

Afm Julia is now giving me kissesl on the cheek as of yesterday (she puts her lips open and touches my cheeck

My clinic said that my 100 euro payment last May 2017 was not complete:( i sent anpther 100 euros last month amd they said the same thing— so weird that my bank is transfering 100 euros twice and only 78 made it there - it worries me as we have a large payment due at the end of this  month. What would you do? I don’t think my bank would admit that only 78 were transfered as i was charged 100- maybe their conversion rate from euro to doller is lower more euros for fewer dollars but the bank is using the official going rate which is favorable to dollars- they told me it was 100 euros equals 119 dollars two weeks ago. I am afraid i will hve to pay myclinic what they are requesting even if it is over the going rate. What do you all think?

#13 ·
Mimi I would check with your bank??? Don’t send anymore money though as obviously something isn’t quite right. Does Julia have a dummy? A lullaby toy or something?? If Hugo cries I go in and mainly it’s for medicine - he has his big tooth coming through at the minute and I give him that, dummy, teddy bear and put his lullaby on and he goes atraight to sleep. As for milk Hugo has 8oz at night and then 6oz in the morning and that’s it. He used to have one feed all at night but he was starving when he woke up so we feed him more but set apart. So rather than 10oz all in one he has 14oz in 12 hours. For me sleep training worked after about 2 nights but everyone’s situation is different. For me being sleep deprived isn’t good for my epilepsy - which isn’t good for me - which isn’t good for Hugo, but if your breastfeeding or something it is easier to have them in your room etc isn’t it??

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#14 ·
JK - Just saw some ewcm so need to get back on it!  ;D

Stacey - Pretty terrified if I do get a bfp...  :( But just felt we had to give it one last go...

Mimi - hopefully late October if they can fit me in. I'm getting a hysteroscopy and scratch done before along with tests. I'm going for embryoscope as Anna recommended it. Awww kisses from Julia sounds adorable! That dosen't sound right what's going on with your bank...

#15 ·
Jk - how much formula does Hugo have in the daytime? Last night went pretty well she slept 8-6 so i think problem is we sleep in the same room- i want her to sleep in her own room but we are renting a 2 bedroom apt and using the living room as 3rd bedroom- we loose one room to our au pair
Unfortunately i sent my clinic 100 more but it is not right i paid last May for the year then two weeks ago  they said tgey did not get the payment this is the andrology dept- so i wired an rxtra 100 and told them it would be for an extra year because i had already pai last May— now instead of apologyzing they are saying they only got 78 euros last time and 78 wiris now- i am going to talk to my bank

#16 ·
Hello All!!  I wanted to wait to announce this until I had my beta done, just incase the numbers were really low. So.... as of 13dp5dt my hcg is 1267. Lets just pray it sticks!!!

#17 ·
Tommie - Congrats!  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Are you going for a 6 week scan?

#18 ·
Mimi that is strange!! Your bank need to figure that out!! Do you have an invoices from the clinic??

So Hugo has...
8am - 6oz milk in his cup and cereal (with milk on as well)
12pm - dinner, yoghurt and then fresh fruit or teddy crisps (sometimes both!!!)
4pm - little sandwhich, cheese, two bits of fruit - so he had grapes and banana today, cucumber, crisps and a biscuit
6pm - 10oz milk

It seems a lot of food but when I say ‘cucumber’ it’s a slice halved and ‘crisps’ is about a third of a pack and cheese is  little stick but banana means a FULL one 😂😂😂

Laquinn ha! Can just see you running off the toilet into bed!! Or wherever else might take your fancy  ??? I’m after some tomorrow morning - mrjk is on nights. I think I’m going to have to send him some naughty pics so he gets the jist, otherwise he might not even sense it  ::) he started at 6 so I’ll send them ASAP and then tomorrow he’ll come in and moan ‘why did you have to do that at the start of my shift.. I couldn’t concentrate....you could have done it later so I could have got some work done... the shift went longer... I’ve been thinking about doing this to you all night *jumps on top* (flattening me😂😂😂😂😂😂)’ - I’ll tell you what else he says, there’s got to be other moans I’ve missed 😂😂😂 remember to do all the bizzo- legs up, orgasm after - all that crazy stuff!!!

Tommie looking good to me!!!!!! Think mine was about 1100 if I remember rightly. When’s your next beta??

Hello to eoe ☺

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#19 ·
JK: The letter I got from Anna only stated "AN hcg blood test", not 48 hour bloods. So...the gp won't do another test. The closest place I've found that will give me an hcg is in London. So...I'm taking the train down this Saturday morning. So...I'll be getting my 120 hour bloods, ha ha!!!

Thanks to everyone who have sent well wishes, lets just hope this sticks for another 8 months.

#20 ·
Tommie do you have an epu near you?? You can self refer because it’s an ivf baby and history of miscarriage they will do bloods and scan you straight away

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#21 ·
I called the EPU at Addenbrookes and told them that my last pregnancy was ectopic and they told me that they only thing they would offer was a scan at 6-7 weeks. I asked about 48 hour bloods since if it were ectopic my tube could rupture by 6-7 weeks and she said that a scan is all they offer unless I start bleeding or have major symptoms.  Its pretty jacked up because 2 years ago they told me to call as soon as I got a bfp for bloods. So I'm guessing the NHS in Cambridgeshire has cut back and are now playing the odds.

#22 ·
Tommie, that’s where fibbing comes into it, just go in or ring and say your having cramps and spotting/bleeding when it’s 48 hrs or go to emergency, they don’t check, they should do that for you if they said they would  ^bigbad^
Mimi their bank will be taking some as a processing or accepting fee, it happens quite a lot of  the time. I wouldn’t even bother with a bank transfer, go online and use one of the transfer companies, usually a much better rate and the first transfer is usually free.
I did embryoscope, I think it’s worth it but to be honest 500 is a rip off  :eek:

#23 ·
Tommie- congratulations!!! Wonderful news.

Jk- so i found out that my clinic’s bank is charging a fee for the wire transfer. Thanks for sharing Hugo’s feedings.
When should i get the saline ultrasound? Is this month too early? Any thoughts?

#24 ·
Stacy- what transfe companies online? Give me some names. Also how is embryoscope helpful?

Jk- julia does not have a lovey- i keep offering one but she is not attached to a blanket or a stuffed animal and she will not take the dummie/paci.

#25 ·
Mimi  just google international money transfers, companies like Travelex, ofx etc. embryoscope is helpful because it allows the embryologist time lapse views of the embryos developing without them having to remove them from the incubators, so they don’t get disturbed.

#26 ·
Hi ladies

Tommie - lie lie lie!!! Sometimes you do have to tell white lies to get where you want. My view is that if you don’t - other people will and not think twice!!! That’s how I’m wishing to get my boob job!!!!!! Seriously though ‘make’ it an emergency... cramps, spotting etc. Cry if your a good actress and you get seen within the hour. I’m pretty good at acting though but if not just practise it before you ring

Mimi that’s weird about the fee??? You need to know how much then etc embryoscope we had for 12 and the other 12 were normal icsi. 4 of my Frosties came from normal icsi and then 2 from the embryoscope machine. Shame that Julia doesn’t take to a dummy. Hugo only has his at nighttime but it does soothe him. How is Julia doing from last night?? Is the saline scan a hsg???

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx