Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well..................

Mason was born on Tuesday 25.01.05, 2 days late.

On the Monday i did a gentle water workout!  ;D

On the Tuesday morning i went shopping down the town in the ice & snow!  ;D

And on the Tuesday evening we got in the car about 7:00 and went to visit Chris's brother in Ipswich (about 20 mins away) and as i got out the car there was a "pop" and my waters had broke, no warning whatsoever! felt fine all day, so i started to panic (no bag & no notes!) and luckily BIL's wife is very considerate and said right in the bathroom whatever you need shout, so i got through 3 pairs of their trousers, phoned hospital who said you had better come up but need notes first (hospital only 5 mins from BIL's!) so DH went home, i sat on their floor on towels eating dominos pizza as i was starving! as soon as Dh came back the pains (which i did not realise were contractions!  ;D) were getting worse so we went off to hospital.

8:30 - Had to be wheel chaired in as i couldn't walk, and they put me straight on a ward, examined me and i was 4cm's and they suggested i could go home  :eek: we decided to stay as Dh had already been home once.  Next thing i know they tell me i need to get to delivery room (can't remember getting there!) and i started by standing leaning over bed, but my legs kept giving way.  Apparently i was screaming for epidural (was dead against this?) but they talked me out of that and started procedure of pethedine, well that was it no time, no pethedine they tell my "the baby is coming!" gas and air then, so after that bit blurry? but all i remember was concentrating on what DH was telling me, they stopped me pushing and i thought this is it i must push as hard as poss and he was born at 23:44! how quick was that? i still can't believe it, i thought it was the next day  ;D i was apparently pushing for 2 hours  :eek:

DH said it was a bit sad i didn't realise he was on my tummy cause i was away with the fairies! so i said give him straight to DH, sho immediatly went to the window and said "dad this ones for you" he passed away last year, that brought a tear to my eye.

DH cut the cord although he said he wouldn't and he went and saw the head coming out when he said he wouldn't, i think they leave their macho image at the door!  ;D

I tore so had to have 4 stitches, by then gas and air had worn off so i felt that! ouch!

So MW now suggests next time we should have a strategy as it could only take an hour! imagine if we had come home!

I think thats it!

Thanks for reading x

Zoe x

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Zoe,

Wow, how fast was that - yep, just as well you didn't go home, think you may have had him in the car or car park otherwise.

Well done and many congratulations.

Love,

Sue xxxx

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congratulations Zoe and great birth story.

Welcome to Mason.

Dellxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.