Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my second lap to remove ovarian adhesions and a chocolate cyst. Doc has advised Zoladex for next two mnths. Has anybody been on zoladex. if yes please advice me on side effects & effectiveness.

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I've not had Zolly for my endo but you may want to visit these websites:

http://www.endo.org.uk
http://www.endoaware.co.uk

The women on both sides are friendly - lots of support & advice (obviously non-professional) & lots of different experiences with endo & I know there'll be some ladies there who'll be able to help you...

Take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya honey

Welcome to fertility friends

I have had several course of zoladex, and have had ok results from it

The main side effects i had were hot flushes the occasional mood swing and some itching (due to hormones changing during the treatment)

If theres anything specific u want to ask i am more than happy to give u my experience

I also use both endo sites that Minxy posted the links to and both would be worth a visit

Also why not pop along and join us ladies on the endo section of fertility friends

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,9.0.html

and also some of the endo girls get together for a chat on this thread

Endo chit chat part 4

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,30089.0.html

Best wishes

Emilyxx

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had continual bleedng for four years until finally put on six months of zoladex. Surgeons were reluctant to do a hysterectomy at first as I have a urostomy.
Zoladex stopped the bleeding after four months, but side-effects were crippling. Mainly migraine, pain, flu-like symptoms, depression, not normal for me!
Now I'm booked for a hysterectomy anyway. Trouble is, although I've been put on premarin, an oestrogen, though this worked well at first, now I feel zoladex-lousy again. I've been off it for nearly two months. Is this because I need more premarin, or is the zoladex just taking a very long time to wear off, or both? Has anyone had similar experiences, and how long did it take them to return to normal? Bleeding has not started yet. I feel zoladex should carry a warning to those who have existing conditions like back pain: it tends to exacerbate everything. Hate to be a grump, but any good news for me, anyone? Nikki

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi,

Luckily I have had a positive experience with Zoladex.  I was put on a 3 month course after my last lap and excision surgery in Nov.  It took a few weeks for the symptoms to kick in - I only ever got hot flushes (which can be a pain).  i started taking kliofem to counteract them, but my periods kept coming so I came off of that and controlled the hot flushes with acupuncture - which worked like a dream (I was a scepitical at first and thought that perhaps my body was just managing it, then I had to miss an appt and boy did I know about it!).  The hot flushes aren't the nicest, but the positives have far outweighed the negatives - i had 3 months pain free, a lovely break mentally from TTC (I was dreading breaking from that, but it did me a lot of good) and I felt positive for the first time in ages.

My periods are back now and I am having a few months ttc naturally before having a go at IVF.

Good luck with it and if you do have any concerns talk to your gyn or voice them here - this is an excellent forum for support.

Oh, and I didn't find the inections too sore either.

I am going to keep going with the acupuncture.

Kate

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Hello

i was on zoladex for my last 2 ivf cycles - side effects i had were headaches and feeling down.  xxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Hi

I was told to take zoladex when i had my lap back in 1999 i had hot flushes,mood swings,dry mouth etc, it did the trick as 5 mths after finishing it i fell pg..unfortunatly it was ectopic,
Good luck

Take care
Emmaxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.