Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,  I hope you don't mind me posting this here, but I got no response from the ask a nurse thread.

I have a friend who finished a 6 month course of Zoladex on 7th Feb and is wondering when AF will start.  I took Zoladex 2 1/2 yrs ago and cannot really remember when my periods restarted, i think it was around 6 weeks later but not too sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Love Mish xx

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Mish

I too have had Zoladex but I had ivf straight afterwards.

From reading previous posts I think you are right that af should arrive about 6 wks later, however, I've seen some lady wait up to 6 mnths.  I know this question has popped up before so you may find an answer if you search the boards.

Sorry I could nt be more helpful.

Becca
x

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Mish

I have had a 6 month course of zoladex and my period took about 16 weeks to return

My latest course of zoladex was 2 or 3 months had last injection 18 janurary and still waiting for af

Lots of symptoms just no af

Everyone is different though so it varies but i was told by endo spec between 6 and 12 weeks

Hope this helps

Emilyxx

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies.  She is having af symptoms and her mood swings seem to be back, she doesn't really know where to go from here as she is only 22 and doesn't really want to start a family so young.  Endo is such a horrible thing.  I hope neither of you are suffering with endo pain and i hope you both get your dream soon

Love Mish xx

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Mish3434 said:
Hi, I hope you don't mind me posting this here, but I got no response from the ask a nurse thread.

I have a friend who finished a 6 month course of Zoladex on 7th Feb and is wondering when AF will start. I took Zoladex 2 1/2 yrs ago and cannot really remember when my periods restarted, i think it was around 6 weeks later but not too sure.

I had zoladex for 6 months, it was 9 weeks before i had my first period, unfortunately my symptoms returned on my first period and then had to go back on zoladex.

Love Mish xx

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Mish3434 said:
Hi, I hope you don't mind me posting this here, but I got no response from the ask a nurse thread.

I have a friend who finished a 6 month course of Zoladex on 7th Feb and is wondering when AF will start. I took Zoladex 2 1/2 yrs ago and cannot really remember when my periods restarted, i think it was around 6 weeks later but not too sure.

Love Mish xx
I had zoladex for 6 months, it was 9 weeks before I had my first period, unfortunately my symptoms returned on my first period and then had to go back on zoladex.
Deb P

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Deb,

Sorry only just seen your message.  Her AF started again this week which is around 9 weeks, she is pleased to report it is painfree so i am hoping it will stay that way for her.

Just read your story on a different post, sorry to hear what you have been through.  It took them 16 years to diagnose my endo and was grade 3/4 when eventually diagnosed, the smallest ovarian cyst they found was 9cm.  Gynae said it was very unlikely IVF would work for me, even had some newer chocolate cysts during the IVF but i am pleased to report that the gynae was very wrong I'm just grateful the fertility doctors where more positive with their outlook and attitudes towards me.

Good luck with your TX I will keep everything crossed for you

Mish xx

·
Registered
526 Posts
Do you know if it matters which day after my period I should have the injection of Zoladex? (I need to have 2 within the next 2 months but I was only asked what time in my period I was.) So still waiting for my GP to give me a call....

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Hi Teoroy
I had my first zolaex injection on the first day of my period and then every 28 days thereafter.
Deb P.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks Deb!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.